In this recipe, Guest Chef Dr. Ruby Lathon shares how to make Sunflower Tuna Salad. Always a hit- this is light, fresh and healthy.
- 2 cups sunflower seeds (soaked 2 hours to overnight)
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 red or white medium onion
- 1 1/2 stalks celery
- 3 tablespoons of dulse (seaweed)
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brown or Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil “Veganaise” or other mayo substitute.
- 1 large diced tomato
- 2 finely chopped medium kosher dill pickles
- 1 Drain and rinse sunflower seeds
- 2 Finely chop parsley, onion, and celery or pulse in a food processor; set aside.
- 3 Mix dulse with apple cider vinegar and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- 4 Add sunflower seeds, garlic, dulse mixture, mustard, sea salt to food processor. Pulse until seeds are grounded and ingredients are well incorporated.
- 5 Combine sunflower seed mixture with parsley, onions, celery and Veganiase in a bowl. Gently mix in diced tomatoes. Serve.