Here’s a speed scratch recipe that begins with a prepared pound cake, then takes it to a whole new level of lusciousness with some additional ingredients.
Why Try? You want something really special for your Easter dinner table, but you don’t want to stress. This “speed scratch” recipe idea fills the bill.
- Pound cake, baked in an angel food cake pan.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 10-ounce package frozen raspberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Zest & juice of 1 lemon
- Zest & juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 Bake a pound cake in an angel food cake pan according to package directions.
- 2 In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, eggs, lemon zest and juice, orange zest and juice and flour.
- 3 Cook in the top of a double boiler until thick. Cool and fold in whipped cream.
- 4 Chill in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.
- 5 Blend frozen raspberries in a blender, strain, add sugar if necessary. Stir in the fresh raspberries.
- 6 Slice the cake in half lengthwise and pour the filling over the bottom half. Place the top half back on and pour the raspberries over the top of the cake letting it spill over the sides.