Egg and Cheese Olé freezes well and can be reheated in the microwave.
Why Try? OK, you’ve had the breakfast burrito. Now try something new when you’re in a Mexican mood in the morning.
- 2 cups small curd regular cottage cheese
- 10 ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chiles
- 9 eggs
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 cups frozen potato puffs
- 1 Combine in a mixing bowl: 9 eggs, beaten, 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded 1 stick (1/2 cup) or butter, melted, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour (When baked its consistency should be like a set custard), 1 rounded teaspoon baking powder, 2 cups small curd regular cottage cheese, 10 ounce can chopped tomatoes and green chiles, 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend.
- 2 Pour into buttered or oiled 10"x14" glass Pyrex baking dish.
- 3 Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes.
- 4 On a separate cookie pan break apart 2 cups frozen potato puffs and brown them in the oven (350°F) in 2 tablespoons melted butter and 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend until lightly browned.
- 5 Sprinkle the broken up potato puffs over the partially baked egg casserole and continue baking until golden brown and puffy and knife test comes out clean. About another 20 minutes.
- 6 Total cooking time all together is 35-40 minutes.