Everything you love about the indulgent flavor of an Eggs Benedict sandwich for a weekend brunch can be easily translated into a breakfast sensation!
We used fresh spinach on our sandwiches, but this recipe also tastes great with lightly sauteed spinach.
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- As needed kosher salt
- As needed black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 ham steak, trimmed, cut into in 8 pieces
- 4 English muffins, split
- As needed melted butter
- 2 cups fresh spinach/arugula blend, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 large eggs
Spicy lemon sauce:
- 1 Combine mayonnaise, lemon juice and cayenne pepper in a small bowl and whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet; add ham pieces and cook over medium-low heat on both sides until sizzling-hot. Remove ham and top each with ½ cup spinach and set aside.
- 3 Brush split muffins with melted butter and heat in skillet over medium-low heat until golden and toasted.
- 4 In another skillet, heat remaining olive oil and fry 4 eggs to desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make each sandwich:
- 1 Arrange 1 layer of ham/spinach on bottom half of a toasted English muffin. Top with 1 fried egg and second layer of ham/spinach. Drizzle 1 tablespoon spicy lemon sauce over spinach and press closed with top half of toasted English muffin.