Fresh & healthy avocado club sandwiches, inspired by the bounty of late Spring farmer’s market, are perfect for an impromptu afternoon picnic on the front porch or back yard swing. Wrap these easy-to-assemble sandwiches in wax paper, pile into a basket with tall glasses of lemonade served in old fashioned mason jars and enjoy the day.
Why Try? Eat fresh! Take advantage of the abundance of fresh lettuce and herbs, available from your farmer’s market, local CSA farm or your own garden with these fresh avocado ranch club sandwiches served on rustic artisan bread.
- 1/2 cup homemade buttermilk herb ranch dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 4 crusty artisan bakery-style rolls (ciabatta, focaccia, sourdough rolls), warm
- 2 cups mesclun mix (baby salad greens), washed, trimmed
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 8 strips crisp bacon (optional)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, trimmed and sliced into thin rings
- 1/2 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 Spread 1 tablespoon ranch dressing on bottom half of each roll.
- 2 Top rolls evenly with salad greens, sliced tomatoes, sliced cheese, bacon, sliced avocado, bell pepper rings and red onion.
- 3 Drizzle 1 tablespoon ranch dressing over top of each sandwich and close with top halves of rolls.