Florida Blue Crab Salad with Avocado.
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh Florida cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 8 ounces Florida jumbo lump blue crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 large ripe Florida avocado, halved, pitted, peeled
- 1 Mix together red onion, mayonnaise, cilantro, lime juice, cumin and lime zest in medium sized mixing bowl.
- 2 Gently mix in crabmeat. Season salad with salt and pepper.
- 3 Drizzle avocado halves with remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice to prevent discoloration and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Arrange avocado halves, cut side up, on plates. Fill tops of avocado with crab salad.
- 5 Garnish salad with lime wedges.