The perfect portable sandwich, the Picnic Loaf is a partially hollowed out loaf of bread, stuffed with a variety of delicious fillings!
The French-Inspired Picnic Loaf is made with peppers, red onion, green olives, tuna and other mouthwatering ingredients. Simply wrap the sandwich tightly in plastic wrap, refrigerate overnight, transport and slice to enjoy!
This recipe is courtesy of the Chefs at Rattan Direct.
- 1 white boule loaf (or similar)
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tin tuna, drained
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 12 black or green olives
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1/2 jar roasted deli peppers
- 1/2 red onion, very finely sliced
- Sliced gherkin (optional)
- Flaked sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 Slice the top from the loaf and pull out most of the bread.
- 2 Rub the inside around with the garlic cloves.
- 3 Rub again, using all the oil.
- 4 Layer the ingredients to completely, and compactly, fill the hollow.
- 5 Replace the lid.
- 6 Bind tightly with cling film and put in the fridge overnight.
- 7 Take the chill off before slicing and serving.