Peaches and raspberries are the perfect addition of light sweetness to buttery French toast that’s great with a side of crispy bacon or sizzling sausage.
Why Try? Who needs syrup when you can top your French toast with fresh fruit glazed in raspberry?
- 1/2 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 In a large shallow bowl, combine eggs, cream, nutmeg, vanilla, sugar, and salt, and whisk to blend.
- 2 In another bowl, combine peaches, raspberries, and raspberry preserves, tossing distribute preserves evenly.
- 3 Heat a large skillet at medium heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Dip bread slices in egg mixture, coating all sides, and arrange in skillet. Fry three to four slices at a time, flipping once and cooking until golden brown, adding more butter when needed.
- 4 Top French toast with peach mixture and serve immediately.