Here’s a wonderful way to take advantage of those luscious in-season peaches. This recipe is really easy and over-the-top delicious; a real summer delight.
Why Try? If you’ve never had ice cream made with real, fresh peaches, well, don’t miss this opportunity.
- 4 cups fresh peaches, peeled, 1/4" diced
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- * 1/4 cup brown sugar
- * 1 lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 Stir peaches together with brown sugar and lemon juice. Let rest for at least 30 minutes.
- 2 For the sauce, drain the liquid from peaches into a small heavy saucepan and reduce over low heat for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 3 Combine the peaches with the softened ice cream and freeze in a loaf pan 4 to 6 hours or overnight.
- 4 To serve slice the peach ice cream, place on a dessert plate and drizzle with sauce.