Have lots of vegetables, or just want something great to serve at the start of a meal? Try this cold soup that uses tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and red bell peppers fresh from your garden, or your local farmers market.
- 2 English cucumbers, rough chopped
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and rough chopped
- 6 plum tomatoes, rough chopped
- 1 large red onion, rough chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 48 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 In a food processor place cucumbers, red peppers, tomatoes and red onions then pulse being sure not to over process.
- 2 Combine mixture in a large bowl and add garlic, tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper, mixing well.
- 3 Chill.