Unexpectedly delicious, this vibrant orange carrot marmalade has a tangy-sweet flavor and tastes great paired with a soft spreadable cheese, such as goat cheese, brie or cream cheese, served on artisan crackers or warm crusty bread.
Why Try? Feeling adventurous, or looking for a new flavor combination? This signature ginger-orange-carrot marmalade recipe won’t disappoint.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, peeled
- 4 cups white sugar
- 2 tablespoons fine minced fresh ginger
- 3 lemons, fresh
- 2 oranges, fresh
- 1 Fine grate carrots; place in a heavy saucepan with just enough water to cover; Simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain excess water.
- 2 Return carrots to saucepan. Add sugar and minced ginger.
- 3 Zest lemons and orange; add to carrot mixture.
- 4 Juice lemons and orange; add to carrot mixture. Slowly stir until completely blended.
- 5 Simmer over low heat, stirring frequently, for 45 minutes or until thick and glossy.
- 6 Spoon into sterilized jars and cool. Cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 30 days.