Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Ginger Toffee Cookies Recipe. These soft, spicy and assertive cookies are loaded with toffee bits and crystallized ginger. Rolling them in turbinado sugar gives them a crunchy outside.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 73 Fat, Total: 4g Carbohydrates, Total: 9g
Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 43mg Protein: 1g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 49% % Cal. from Carbs: 49%
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons dark robust-flavored molasses (do not use blackstrap)
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1/4 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 1 Preheat oven to 350ºF. Butter 2 large (16 by 14-inch) baking sheets.
- 2 Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar in large bowl until well blended, about 1 minute. Add egg and molasses; beat until well blended (do not over beat). Add dry ingredients and beat on low speed just until blended. Mix in toffee and crystallized ginger. Chill dough 1 hour.
- 3 Place turbinado sugar in shallow bowl. Using hands, shape dough into 24 balls, each about 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Roll each dough ball in turbinado sugar, coating completely. Place 12 balls on each prepared sheet, spacing evenly apart. Bake cookies 8 minutes. Reverse cookie sheets and continue baking until cracked on top but still soft to touch, about 8 minutes longer. Cool cookies on sheets 5 minutes. Using metal spatula, transfer cookies to racks and cool completely. (Can be made 2 days ahead. Store in airtight container at room temperature.)