This carrot dish looks and tastes special, but is easy to prepare. An excellent choice for your holiday spread.
Why Try? Looks great. Tastes terrific. Easy to make. ‘Nuff said.
- 1 pound carrots
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/4 pound) butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 Peel carrots and cut them on the diagonal, about 2" long. Steam for 20 minutes and add 1/2 teaspoon salt after the carrots are tender or you may boil them in 1 cup of water plus 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- 2 In a frying pan, melt the butter. When it's sizzling add the carrots. Keep heat high. Shake carrots around for two or three minutes until they are well buttered. Add the light brown sugar and orange marmalade and continue to shake the pan. Heat to medium and continue cooking for 5 minutes.
- 3 Add walnuts and serve.