Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Glazed Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe. This pie is a tasty version of the diner classic glazed strawberry pie.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 354 Fat, Total: 17g Carbohydrates, Total: 50g
Cholesterol: 19mg Sodium: 168mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 5g % Cal. from Fat: 43% % Cal. from Carbs: 56%
- FOR THE CRUST: 1 cup lightly toasted walnuts
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (from about 8 whole crackers)
- 2 tablespoons (packed) golden brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- FOR THE STRAWBERRIES: 3 pounds strawberries, hulled, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Whipped cream
- 1 FOR THE CRUST: Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Process walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and salt in food processor until walnuts are finely ground. Melt butter with honey in small pan. Pour butter mixture over crumbs and process until crumbs are moist. Press crumb mixture evenly over bottom and sides of 9-inch-diameter pie dish. Bake until just set and golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- 3 FOR THE STRAWBERRIES: Cut 2 pounds strawberries into quarters if large, or halves if small. Measure 1 1/2 cups quartered strawberries into bar blender. Place remaining quartered strawberries in large bowl. Add sugar, water and cornstarch to strawberries in blender; puree until smooth.
- 4 Transfer puree to heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice then butter, stirring until butter is incorporated. Pour glaze over quartered strawberries in bowl; fold gently to coat strawberries. Transfer strawberries to crust, mounding evenly in center.
- 5 Cut remaining 1 pound strawberries in half and arrange over top of pie. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours.
- 6 DO-AHEAD TIP: Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.
- 7 Cut pie into wedges and serve with whipped cream.