Looking for an easy pickup food that will tempt everyone? Try these Gluten-Free Hot Dog Hugs!
Made with pancake mix, crushed pretzels and a little bit of love, they are easy to make and even easier to devour.
- Winona Pure Olive Oil
- Hot dog of your choice (we used Applegate)
- Glutino Instant Pancake Mix
- Glutino Honey Mustard Pretzels, crushed
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- 2 Generously grease a mini muffin tin with olive oil, making sure you use your finger to completely cover the inserts as well as the outer rim to avoid sticking (because nothing is worse than cute food that gets stuck!). Set aside.
- 3 Cut your hot dog into chunks that are about 1/2 an inch thick. At the top, cut a "v" and slice along the sides to form a heart shape. Set aside.
- 4 Prepare the pancake mix as directed.
- 5 Fill the mini muffin tins half way (no more than that because, again, overflow= sticking, which leads to angry people on Valentine's Day. That's a no-no).
- 6 Sprinkle with chopped honey mustard pretzel pieces.
- 7 Place one hot dog heart into the middle of each muffin insert.
- 8 Bake for approximately 5 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before removing .