Whole grain granola loaded with vibrant bits of sweet sun-dried fruit & toasted nuts tastes great for breakfast or a wholesome ‘anytime’ snack. For a festive gift, layer granola in reusable glass canister and finish with a bow and fresh holiday greenery.
Why Try? Gourmet specialty store granola at half the cost! For party gifts; package granola in small gift bags, tie with holiday ribbon and arrange in large basket as a delicious take-home gift from the heart.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 cups sweetened dried cranberries, blueberries and cherries
- 2 cups sliced almonds or pecan pieces
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, diced
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine oats, coconut and nuts in large bowl; toss to blend.
- 3 Combine oil, honey and vanilla extract in small bowl and whisk to blend. Pour over oat mixture and toss to blend.
- 4 Spread evenly onto 13-inch x 18-inch baking sheet.
- 5 Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally.
- 6 Remove from oven and cool.
- 7 Combine toasted oat mixture and dried fruit in large bowl and toss to blend.
- 8 Transfer cooled granola into decorative containers. Makes 3 - 1/2 quarts.