This Italian gorgonzola sauce has a sharp tangy flavor similar to bleu cheese, with a velvety smooth texture. Whisk Parmesan cheese and a pinch of nutmeg into this reduced cream recipe for a rich indulgent sauce with big bold flavor.
Why Try? This simple-to-prepare cream sauce takes pasta or grilled red meat such as steak or our Beverly Hills Grilled Beef Tenderloin to a new flavor destination! That recipe can be found here.
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 Bring heavy cream to a boil in a heavy sauce pan over medium-high heat, reduce heat and simmer for 45 to 50 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Remove the pan from the heat; add the Gorgonzola, Parmesan, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until cheese melts to a smooth consistency. Serve warm.