This rich, thick and tomato-y sauce comes from a secret Italian family recipe that’s been handed down for generations. It’s a classic pasta sauce simply adored by everyone who’s ever tried it. And the meatballs are fabulous.
Presented in a gift basket with a loaf of crusty bread and the recipe, this makes a wonderful holiday gift. Or, add a bottle of wine for extra cheer!
Why Try? This incredible sauce is so simple to make, but gets acclaim every time it’s served.
- 1 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1 1/2 pound ground sirloin
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 3 (16 ounce each) cans tomato paste
- 2 cans of water per can of tomato paste you use
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup sweet basil, dried
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, dried
- 3 eggs
- 1 SAUCE - cook over medium heat to warm the sauce. As it warms, you can prepare the meatball mixture to add to the sauce.
- 2 MEATBALLS - mix all of the ingredients together and roll into balls–about the size of a tennis ball. Consistency should be somewhat sticky. Makes about 22-25 meatballs.
- 3 Add meatballs to sauce and cook over low heat for one hour, stirring occasionally.