Every bit as wonderful as green tea truffles available in high-end specialty chocolate shops! These indulgent dark chocolate ganache truffles, infused with the delicate flavor of green tea, are rolled in intense matcha green tea powder for Japanese-inspired chocolates with lots of on-trend cache.
Why Try? Indulgent chocolate truffles with the health benefits of 70% dark chocolate and antioxidant-rich green tea!
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea
- 7 ounces 70% Dark Chocolate, fine chopped, divided
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Matcha green tea, as needed to coat truffles
- 1 Combine cream, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon matcha green tea in nonstick sauce pan and whisk to blend. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat.
- 2 Immediately add 5 ounces fine chopped chocolate to hot cream mixture and gently stir to blend. Spread chocolate/cream ganache mixture in shallow dish and refrigerate until firm to touch.
- 3 Shape chilled chocolate ganache mixture into balls and arrange on plate or baking sheet lined with wax paper. (If chocolate ganache gets too soft to roll into balls, refrigerate briefly.)
- 4 Freeze truffles until firm.
- 5 Melt 2 ounces chopped chocolate in top of double boiler. Dip frozen truffles in chocolate to lightly coat. Cool.
- 6 Roll cooled truffles in matcha green tea powder to lightly coat. Store truffles in refrigerator until ready to serve.