Looking for party food ideas? Serve something spectacular for Super Bowl Sunday with one of Bar Novo’s unique and yummy snacks. These crunchy Guinness Onion Rings are a cut above the usual.
Recipe courtesy of BarNovo.
- 2 large Spanish Onions, cut into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 1 1/2 cup Rice Flour, plus more for dredging
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- (You can use a pre-packaged Tempura Flour as opposed to the previous 3 Ingredients)
- 1/4 cup onion powder
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 cup Guinness Beer (Use enough until you get a pancake batter consistency)
- 1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- CHIPOTLE MAYO: 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 small can chipotle peppers with Adobo
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 CHIPOTLE MAYO: Blend peppers, oil, and lime juice in a blender until smooth. Fold mixture into mayo with cilantro. Season with the salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour before using.
- 2 Heat frying oil to 350ºF. To make the batter, sift all the dry ingredients in a bowl together and make a well in the middle. In a separate bowl, whisk the wet ingredients together. Add the liquid to the well. Slowly whisk the ingredients together to a smooth consistency.
- 3 Season the reserved flour with salt and pepper. Dredge the onion rings in the flour then dip in the batter. Drop in a 350ºF fryer and fry both sides until golden brown and crispy. Serve with the Chipotle Mayo as a dipping sauce.