This one was an old family recipe updated by one of our chefs, so you get old world flavors served up just in time for the final days of fall! Frost it all over, or just give it a layer in the middle for a touch of sweet.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. baking soda
- pinch salt
- 1 T. ground cinnamon
- 2 t. cloves
- 1 t. allspice
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ softened stick butter (3/4 cup)
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 T. orange zest
- 1 Mix dry ingredients together.
- 2 Soften butter and add to mixture along with eggs, buttermilk, and zest.
- 3 Mix well.
- 4 Pour into a greased and floured Bundt or decorated pan.
- 5 Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
- 6 Turn out onto cooling rack after about 10 minutes of cooling in the pan.
- 7 Frost as desired or sprinkle with powdered sugar.