This fun treat is just 5 ingredients to a delicious snack or meal in minimal time! Heart-Shaped Bacon Wrapped Chicken is a fun twist on traditional chicken skewers.
The ease of this recipe gives you instant chef skills. All of us could use a snack, but adding a little love is better.
This recipe is gluten-free.
- 1 1/5 Glutino Buffalo Style Pretzels
- 1 lb. chicken tenderloins, rinsed
- Sunflower oil (I use Winona Pure Oil)
- Uncooked bacon of your choice
- Popcorn Butter Spray (also Winona Pure Oil)
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°
- 2 Line a baking baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- 3 In a mini chopper, grind the pretzels and set aside
- 4 On a cutting board, slice each tenderloin down the middle away from the larger end, making sure to leave the chicken intact
- 5 Coat a skewer with sunflower oil
- 6 Place the cut chicken onto the parchment paper, positioning it into a heart shape
- 7 At an angle, push the skewer through the chicken, making sure both ends are on the skewer to retain the shape
- 8 Wrap one piece of bacon around the chicken, tucking it underneath
- 9 Top generously with ground pretzels
- 10 Spray with Popcorn Butter spray
- 11 Bake for approximately 45 minutes