Hoisin Glazed Pork Loin Recipe – I always make sure I have a long pair of tongs when I cook something on the grill that has a lot of fat. It’s inevitalbe the fat is going to fall in the flames and cause a fire.
For more about Chef Nicky, and more of his recipes, click here.
Chef Nicky: I really like this recipe because it is fairly easy and fast if you can cook on a grill and the flavor makes it seem like you cooked it all day.
I always make sure I have a long pair of tongs when I cook something on the grill that has a lot of fat. It’s inevitable the fat is going to fall in the flames and cause a fire. Too much fire will burn the pork.
I use a gas grill most often, but the pork would be great on charcoal or wood chips. This is a great summer recipe as it goes great with corn and a fresh tomato salad from the garden.
- 5 lbs. pork loin
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Garlic, granulated, to taste
- 4 ounces hoisin, (Kikkoman)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1 Season the pork loin with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic.
- 2 Mix the remaining ingredients together to make the glaze. Reserve.
- 3 Heat the grill to 500ºF.
- 4 Place the pork on the grill, fat side down first, and turn until evenly browned.
- 5 Turn the grill down to 325ºF.
- 6 Put the pork on the top shelf of the grill and brush evenly with the glaze.
- 7 Turn and rotate the pork until the internal temperature is 165ºF.