Pour this wonderful spiced cider into a sterilized decanter, tie with a pretty bow, and you have a lovely holiday gift.
Why Try? Tis the season! This cider makes an excellent Wassail for making holiday toasts.
- 2 quarts apple cider
- 1 cup dark rum
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg, grated
- Cinnamon sticks, garnish
- 1 Stud the orange with cloves, slice.
- 2 In a medium pot, combine the studded orange slices and the remaining ingredients except the rum.
- 3 Slowly bring to a simmer over low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 4 Remove from heat and add the rum.
- 5 To serve immediately - strain, ladle into mugs and garnish with cinnamon stick.