This Halloween twist on the classic deviled egg has a little kick to it thanks to the addition of hot sauce instead of traditional mustard. The cayenne pepper sauce and paprika give the egg its Halloween orange color, while a scallion adds the pumpkin stem!
Click below to find more spooky Halloween recipes:
- 10 eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Garnish
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 Cover eggs in a saucepan with cold water, bring to a boil.
- 2 Cover and turn off heat.
- 3 Let stand for ten minutes.
- 4 Immediately remove eggs and place in ice water.
- 5 Let eggs cool completely, then remove and peel eggs.
- 6 Cut eggs lengthwise in half, remove all yolks and place them in a mixing bowl.
- 7 Mash and combine egg yolks with cayenne pepper sauce, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 8 Fill each egg white halfway with a mound of the mixture. You can choose to pipe or scoop it in based on how you want them to look.
- 9 Place a piece of the chopped scallion at the top of the filling to garnish as a pumpkin stem.