Is there anything more festive than finger foods? Scallions, brandy and fresh oregano combine to create a depth of flavor that will make your taste buds sing! In Italy I’ve seen similar dishes served with roasted eggplant on the side but my family prefers a fresh arugula and tomato salad instead! Give these a try; you’ll find the dinner table conversation kicked up a notch when everyone is holding an Italian Lolli-Burger in their hand!
- 1 pound ground sirloin
- 1/3 pound ground pork
- 12 slices pancetta or 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon brandy or apple juice
- 3 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt & pepper
- olive oil
- 12 Bamboo skewers soaked in water for 20 minutes
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2 Mix together all ingredients except pancetta and olive oil.
- 3 Form 12 sausages and place a skewer from bottom to top in each one.
- 4 Wrap with one slice each of pancetta or ½ slice each of bacon.
- 5 Give them a light spray or drizzle of olive oil.
- 6 Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- 7 Roast for 20 minutes until nicely browned and cooked through.