Spicy, citrusy, deep and complex, but also very simple and approachable. Jalapeno with lime is a classic Mexican combination.
This recipe is fun! You can slice the chicken and make fajitas or tacos. Put it on top a bed of crispy lettuce and array of veggies like corn, black beans, tomatoes, tortilla strips and avocado slices for a healthy and hearty salad. There are many ways to enjoy!
- 2 bone-in, skin on chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1-2 Poblano peppers, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 Heat a large skillet with olive oil on medium-high heat.
- 2 Take your chicken breasts and season the skin side with 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of cumin and fresh cracked pepper.
- 3 Place on the skillet, skin and seasoned side down. Then, season the other side.
- 4 Sear the chicken until it's golden brown. It will not be cooked all the way at this point. Take off the heat and set aside.
- 5 Then, add the onions and butter. Saute for about 1-2 minutes, until onions have softened. Then add lime juice.
- 6 Add the jalapenos and cilantro. Add the chicken back in the pan.
- 7 Add the red and Poblano peppers and saute until peppers become tender, but still remaining crunchy. Check that the chicken has cooked all the way through to 165 degrees.
- 8 Serve with Mexican rice.