This simple recipe for two is similar in its richness to a great espresso drink. It’s a dark and decadent sipping chocolate served hot, and a little goes a long way toward creating a perfect romantic moment. Pair with a chaser of brandy, Kahlua or other liqueur.
Why Try? Just a few ingredients create one fabulous taste!
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (at least 60 percent cacao), chopped
- 4 ounces brandy (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream and milk to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- 2 Remove from heat and quickly add chocolate, stirring until melted and very smooth.
- 3 Return to medium-low heat and warm for 3 minutes or until a bubble or two form on the surface.
- 4 Pour the hot chocolate into espresso cups.
- 5 Serve immediately with a side of brandy or Kahlua--or the liqueur can be added to the hot chocolate.