Ground lamb has rich taste and is readily available in most supermarkets today. It can be used in place of ground beef. In this recipe we prepared a meatball that is sweetened by plum chutney and uses feta cheese to round out the flavors. This is a perfect appetizer to serve with other small plates along with a chilled glass of pinot noir.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons Neptune Spicy Plum Chutney
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 In a sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- 2 Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 3 In a large bowl, gently combine lamb, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, salt, pepper and spicy plum chutney.
- 4 Add feta and the onion/garlic mixture to the lamb mixture and blend well.
- 5 Form into 1 ounce balls.
- 6 In a sauté pan, add the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and sauté meatballs for 10 minutes over medium heat or until browned on all sides.
- 7 Serve warm with a side of spicy plum chutney.