This dish offers the wonderful fresh flavors of tart lemon and salty capers combined in a rich sauce of white wine and chicken broth.
Why Try? This is speed cooking at its best — 10 ingredients with just a few steps. For even a faster dish you can start with prepared chicken scaloppini from grocer’s meat case.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon, sliced very thin
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Place chicken breasts on cutting board and slice in half horizontally, forming 8 thin filets.
- 2 Place each chicken filet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until 1/4-inch thin.
- 3 Combine flour and salt in shallow container. Dredge pounded chicken in seasoned flour; shake off excess flour.
- 4 Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Working in several small batches, sauté chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat, turning once.
- 5 Add white wine and chicken broth. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
- 6 Add lemon pieces and capers.
- 7 Season to taste; garnish with parsley.