These cupcakes are as light and fluffy as a cloud. Your guests will be delighted with the surprise filling of lemon curd.
Why Try? The lemon curd filling really makes these cupcakes special. Just the thing for your Easter buffet.
- 1 1/2 pints lemon curd, prepared
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 Line cupcake pans with paper liners; fill liners 2/3 full of batter. Bake according to package directions. Allow cupcakes to cool.
- 2 Insert an apple corer into the top of the cupcakes. Do not allow the apple corer to go through the bottom of the cupcake. Twist the corer as it is removed from the cupcake. This will form a small hole in the cupcakes. The hole for the cupcake can also be hallowed out using a measuring spoon (1/2 teaspoon measure) if an apple corer is not available.
- 3 Fill cupcakes with lemon curd using a teaspoon. Approximately 1- 1/2 teaspoons.
- 4 Combine heavy cream and sugar and whip until peaks are able to hold its shape.
- 5 Ice cupcakes with whipped cream and lemon curd (Approximately 1 tablespoon of each). Apply whipped cream first and then top with lemon curd. Use a toothpick or wood skewer to swirl lemon curd into whipped cream.