Gnocchi is the perfect weeknight meal! It takes only 2-3 minutes to cook and can be paired with any number of sauces for an easy to prepare yet delicious dish! Lemon Gnocchi with Peas & Kale is both fresh and hearty. If lemon is not your favorite, leave it out…the dish will still be wonderful. If you don’t have kale, substitute fresh baby spinach or even frozen spinach that has been thawed. No cream in the house? Serve your gnocchi with just butter and Parmesan!
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups chopped fresh kale
- 1 garlic clove smashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt for the sauce
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 3 tablespoons salt for the boiling water
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or more to taste
- 1 Warm a large skillet and add half and half, peas, kale, garlic and salt.
- 2 Cover and reduce the heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the heat and add the lemon zest and juice.
- 4 While making the sauce, bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- 5 Add gnocchi and cook for 2-3 minutes or until they float to the surface of the water.
- 6 Drain gnocchi and add to the sauce.
- 7 Mix together well and top with grated Parmesan.