Linguine with Shrimp recipe. This creamy pasta dish is quite rich. Paired with a large, simple salad, such as butter lettuce with Champagne vinaigrette or mixed baby salad greens and cubed avocado with white wine vinaigrette, this recipe is elegant enough for a dinner party.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma
- 2 lemons
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons salt, plus more, to taste
- 1 pound linguine or fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- 1 Grate 1 tablespoon zest from the lemons and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cream and lemon zest and heat until hot. Remove from the heat if the mixture begins to boil.
- 2 In a small bowl, combine the shrimp, lemon juice and chives; set aside.
- 3 Add the 2 tablespoons salt and the pasta to the boiling water. Cook, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking, until al dente, according to the package instructions.
- 4 When the pasta is within about 3 minutes of being al dente, in a fry pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook, stirring, until they are opaque throughout, about 2 minutes.
- 5 Add the warm cream to the pan and season the sauce with salt and white pepper.
- 6 Drain the pasta and add it to the fry pan. Toss the pasta to coat with the sauce and serve immediately.