Mahogany Rice and Quinoa Stuffing is a way to mix up your side dishes. After all, who says stuffing has to be the same all the time? This is a great option for getting extra protein & vegetables mixed right in.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 4-5 apple chicken sausage (cut into pieces)
- Baking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cooked Lundberg Family Farms Black Japonica Rice (cooked in organic chicken broth)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rosemary
- 1/2 - 1 cup already roasted brussels sprouts
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 To roast Brussels Sprouts, heat the oven to 400°F, chop clean Brussels Sprouts in half and toss with oil, garlic and sea salt.
- 2 Stir to prevent burning on one side.
- 3 Heat oven to 350°F.
- 4 Using a medium frying pan, heat the oil using medium heat.
- 5 Add the onion and sauté.
- 6 Add the sausage and stir until sausage is browned. S
- 7 et aside.
- 8 Lightly oil a large casserole dish with baking spray.
- 9 Combine the cooked rice, quinoa and rosemary.
- 10 Using a mini chopper, chop the Brussels sprouts until you have small pieces.
- 11 Mix into the casserole dish.
- 12 Add the chicken sausage either as bite sized pieces or ground in the mini chopper.
- 13 Add sea salt to taste.
- 14 Use this to stuff the turkey or bake and serve as a side dish