Recipe for Mango Enchilada
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture
- 3 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- 6 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup natural sugar
- 1/2 cup, packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Saute mangoes with 1 teaspoon of butter until almost soft.
- 3 Spoon mangoes evenly onto tortillas, sprinkle with cinnamon. Roll up tortillas and place seam side down on lightly greased 8x8-inch baking pan.
- 4 Bring margarine, sugars and water to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring constantly for 3 minutes. Pour sauce evenly over tortillas; sprinkle with extra cinnamon on top if desired.
- 5 Bake for 20 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired.