The retro revival of this classic cocktail from the 1800s is made with small batch super premium bourbon and high quality ingredients. A perfect drink to relax with after a day at the office.
See our story on the top ten beverage trends of 2011.
Copyright 2011. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use in a printed cookbook or commercial website, please contact Editor.
- 1 ounce vermouth
- 2 1/5 ounces bourbon
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- 2 fresh cherries
- 1 Fill a short glass 2/3 full with ice.
- 2 In a cocktail shaker combine vermouth, bourbon and bitters. Shake well until mixed and chilled.
- 3 Pour mixture into the glass.
- 4 Squeeze juice from on cherry into cocktail.
- 5 Garnish with the other cherry.