Recipe courtesy of Florida-Agriculture
- 1 pound cucumbers, thinly sliced crosswise
- 6 large red radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 (19-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 large leafs of your favorite lettuce
- 1 In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- 2 Add the chickpeas and let marinate for at least 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 Just before it is time to serve, stir in the cucumbers, radishes, onion and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 To serve put a lettuce leaf down on each plate and scoop marinated mixture on top.