These are truly the ultimate in mashed potatoes. The fresh chives add a bright flavor to make a dish that’s no longer ordinary.
Why Try? Cream cheese gives these potatoes a luxurious creaminess that comes through even if they are reheated for another meal.
- 9 potatoes, peeled, cut into 6 pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 Fill large pot with cold, salted water and add potatoes. Over high heat simmer potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender.
- 2 Beat cream cheese, sour cream, and butter with a paddle attachment until blended.
- 3 Add drained, hot potatoes and beat on medium speed until smooth.
- 4 Add salt, pepper, and chives. Mix only until combined.
- 5 Serve immediately.