These savory meatballs will be one of the stars of your football-watchin’ party. Make plenty because they’ll go fast!
Why Try? The delicious sauce offers a touch of the exotic with the flavors and aromas of saffron and paprika.
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 48 (2 lbs.) meatballs, purchased, fully-cooked and frozen, approx. 1" diameter
- 1 teaspoon saffron, crumbled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups white wine, dry
- Salt, to taste
- 1 Heat oil in a large Dutch Oven or stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, another 2-3 minutes. Add paprika, chicken broth and wine. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced to 2 cups, approximately 30 minutes.
- 2 Stir in saffron. Add frozen meatballs, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer an additional 15-20 minutes until meatballs are warmed through.
- 3 Remove meatballs from sauce with a slotted spoon and place on serving tray. Taste sauce and adjust seasoning to taste. Drizzle sauce over meatballs and serve.