This is an ideal party appetizer. It’s light, flavorful and can be prepared a day ahead. Store toasted bread slices at room temperature in a resealable plastic bag. Keep bean mixture refrigerated.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 loaf French bread
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 can (15 1/2 ounces) cannellini beans, drained, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 3 to 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt, divided
- 30 large basil leaves
- 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Slice bread on the diagonal into 30 (1/2-inch thick) slices. Brush with 4 tablespoons of the oil. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- 2 Place beans, tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, vinegar and 1 teaspoon of the spiced sea salt in medium bowl; mix until well blended.
- 3 To serve, place a basil leaf on each bread slice. Top each with about 1 tablespoon bean mixture. Sprinkle all lightly with remaining 1/2 teaspoon spiced sea salt.