A mesquite-marinated chicken breast is grilled then topped with melted cheese, bacon and all the trimmings–it’s a feast on a bun!
Recipe courtesy of McCormick
- 1 package McCormick® Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 8 small club rolls
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices crisply cooked bacon (optional)
- 8 slices American cheese (optional)
- 1 Mix Marinade Mix, lime juice, honey and oil in small bowl. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Add marinade; turn to coat well.
- 2 Refrigerate 15 minutes or longer for extra flavor. Remove chicken from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- 3 Grill over medium heat 6 to 7 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through, turning frequently. Serve chicken on toasted rolls with lettuce and tomatoes. Top with bacon, cheese and condiments, if desired.
- 4 TIP: Prepare as directed, using McCormick® Grill Mates Zesty Herb or Baja Citrus Marinade in place of the Mesquite Marinade.
- 5 Try the sandwich with Swiss cheese and ham instead of American cheese and bacon.