Creamy and cheesy, this is a dish the whole family will love; it’s got just enough kick from the chiles and it’s loaded with tender pulled chicken breast and gooey cheese.
Why Try? This is a great dish for entertaining or for a weeknight meal because you can make it ahead before baking and then refrigerate or freeze it to bake right before serving. If you freeze it, make sure to use a freezer-safe dish and allow it to thaw completely before baking.
- 6 cups pulled white chicken meat
- 24 ounces Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided in half
- 2 bunches green onions, tops only, chopped, divided in half
- 2 – 10 3/4 ounce cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 4-ounce can green chiles, chopped
- 3 cups sour cream
- 1 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 12 – 6 inch flour tortillas
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine half the cheese, half the green onions, cream of chicken soup, chiles, sour cream, and olive. Set aside 2 cups of this mixture for the topping. Add the chicken to the remainder for filling and mix well.
- 3 Put 2 heaping tablespoons on each tortilla and roll up tightly. Arrange seam-side down in a single layer in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- 4 Spread reserved topping, sprinkle over second half of cheese and green onions. Refrigerate overnight or freeze.
- 5 Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until hot, golden, and bubbling. Serve.