Grilled chicken burgers make a great choice for backyard cookouts, for those times when you crave a burger, but you’d rather not have red meat. These little chicken sliders are both tasty and trendy.
Why Try? These little sliders make a terrific burger alternative. You may find you actually prefer them to the beefy version.
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and black pepper
- 16 mini tea rolls
- 1 Preheat grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil grate.
- 2 Spray sauté pan with cooking oil over medium heat. Sauté the onion and garlic, add the bell pepper, tomato paste and carrots cooking all to desired tenderness.
- 3 Set aside and cool completely.
- 4 In a large bowl combine chicken and vegetables. Add breadcrumbs, egg and seasonings. Mix all together and form into 16 (2-ounce) patties.
- 5 Grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- 6 Assemble burgers with grilled buns and your favorite toppings. Serve immediately.