These precious little tarts are so easy to make. Just add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg to finish.
Why Try? With everyone concerned about overdoing it during the holidays, these mini tarts fill the bill. They work great for parties, snacks or gifts.
- 1 package refrigerated pie dough
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- FOR WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 1/4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 tablespoon rum
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2 Unfold refrigerated pie dough and let rest for 20 minutes.
- 3 Combine remaining ingredients and mix well.
- 4 Using a 3″ biscuit cutter, cut out your 8 rounds from each pie dough disc.
- 5 Press onto bottom and sides of ungreased mini muffin pan. Prick bottoms of tarts with a fork and par bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- 6 Fill each tart with 1-2 teaspoons of pumpkin mixture. Bake 15 minutes, but watch carefully as they are much smaller and can darken easily.
- 7 Cool slightly in the muffin pan. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 8 Using a large plastic baggie, place whipping cream mixture into baggie. Clip a very small tip off of one of the corners.
- 9 Squeeze a small circle on top of each tart and sprinkle with nutmeg and serve.
- 10 FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING:
- 11 Put your beaters and bowl you’ll be using to make the whip cream topping in the freezer for 30-45 minutes to make sure they are cold.
- 12 Pour cream in the bowl and beat until the cream starts forming.
- 13 Add remaining ingredients and beat until peaks form.