Put a new twist on your next toasted cheese sandwich! There is nothing like tomatoes and mozzarella to please the palate and these simple sandwiches will become your new family favorite!
- 8 slices white bread of your choice
- 8 slices Mozzarella
- 8 slices tomato
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 4 to 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 On each of 4 slices of bread layer on slice mozzarella and 2 slices of tomato
- 2 Top each with remaining bread slices
- 3 Beat together the eggs and milk
- 4 Dip both sides of each sandwich in the egg mixture
- 5 Dip sandwiches on both sides in the bread crumbs
- 6 Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large sauté pan and toast the sandwiches about 3 minutes per side, adding more butter if necessary.