This dish is great not only because of the flavors, but when baking, it forms its own crispy crust!
If you are looking for a healthier alternative, use fat-free evaporated milk, low-moisture Cheddar cheese, and 6 egg whites. It will be a little lighter, visually, but just as delicious.
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 4 oz cooked lobster meat, chopped
- 1 medium potato, cooked and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 Preheat oven to 325-degrees F. Grease a 9-inch cake or pie tin with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 In a large bowl, add milk, ricotta, and eggs, whisking until smooth. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, lobster meat, potato, salt and black pepper. Pour into prepared pan.
- 3 Place pan into a roasting pan with enough water to come half-way up the side of the prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, or until firm but it will still slightly jiggle in the middle.
- 4 Remove from oven, and remove from water bath. Cool to room temperature before serving or chill completely to serve.
To Make Cheddar Crisps
- 1 Preheat oven to 400-degrees F. Mix remainder of cheese with basil and dollop tablespoon measures on a greased baking sheet.
- 2 Bake 10-15 minutes, or until browned around the edges and completely melted.
- 3 Remove from oven to cool slightly before lifting each off with a spatula onto a platter, roll and completely cool to harden.