A crisp fragile buttery cookie sprinkled with powdered sugar makes this a family favorite for the holidays.
Why Try? Norwegian Butter Cookies are delicate melt-in-your-mouth treasures.
Foodie Byte: It is important to use both butter and margarine as the recipe reads. Kept the Norwegian Butter Cookies in an airtight container these cookies will last for 2 weeks.
This is a featured recipe from our 12 Days of Christmas Cookies story. Click here to read it and see the rest of the recipes.
Copyright 2010. The Food Channel®. All Rights Reserved. For permission to use in a printed cookbook or commercial website, please contact Editor.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 In a mixing bowl, cream butter, margarine and sugar. Add baking soda, baking powder and vanilla. Gradually add flour and coconut, mixing well between additions.
- 2 Drop by small spoonfuls on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- 4 Sprinkle with powdered sugar when almost cool.