These cookies are about as healthy as a cookie can be. Loaded with good things like oats, dried fruit and chopped nuts, they make a delicious and wholesome holiday cookie gift.
Why Try? Easy to make, these crunchy yet chewy Oatmeal Almond cookies will disappear fast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Kosher salt, pinch
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature, diced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3 In a separate bowl cream butter and sugars together using an electric mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- 4 Add the flour mixture and beat until mixed well. Stir in rolled oats, chips, almonds and currants. Drop by teaspoonfuls on parchment lined baking sheets.
- 5 Bake for 12 minutes or until firm around the edges. Let cool on wire racks.