This Oven Baked Fish Chowder will warm you up on a cool day.
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Calories: 314 Fat, Total: 10g Carbohydrates, Total: 22g
Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 524mg Protein: 31g
Fiber: 3g % Cal. from Fat: 29% % Cal. from Carbs: 28%
- 2 pounds cod, haddock or any firm white fish, bones removed
- 3 cups cubed russet potatoes
- 2 cups hot fish stock or water
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 cup milk or light cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Combine all ingredients except milk and parsley in 4-quart ovenproof casserole. Cover and bake until fish flakes into pieces and potatoes are tender, about 1 hour.
- 2 Transfer casserole to stovetop. Slowly stir in milk. Simmer gently over low heat until rewarmed, about 5 minutes. Add parsley. Serve immediately.