For this easy-to-prepare salmon recipe, we pan seared the outsides of salmon fillets until lightly caramelized on a hot baking sheet, and then oven-roasted at a lower temperature until deliciously moist and tender inside. Serve topped with a delightfully tangy-sweet Floribbean cuisine-inspired grapefruit salsa for an impressive entrée.
Why Try? Prepare salmon like a seasoned expert with this easy-to-prepare recipe finished with a vibrant spicy-sweet grapefruit salsa.
- 1 center cut skin-on salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons Pink Grapefruit Marmalade
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red and orange bell pepper, fresh, diced
- 1 tablespoon green jalapenos, seeded, minced
- 1 teaspoon flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1/2 cup red grapefruit, refrigerated, drained, 1/4 -inch dice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, coarse-ground
- 1 Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2 Combine pink grapefruit marmalade, green onions, bell pepper, jalapeno and flat leaf parsley in a small bowl and stir until fully blended. Add diced grapefruit and gently stir to blend. Keep cold.
- 3 While preparing salmon, preheat a baking sheet in hot oven.
- 4 Using a sharp knife, cut fillet into 4 equal pieces; pat dry with paper towels to remove excess moisture. Rub fillets lightly on all sides with olive oil and season with kosher salt and black pepper.
- 5 Remove preheated baking sheet from oven; carefully arrange fillets, skin side down, on baking sheet and return to oven.
- 6 Immediately reduce oven temperature to 275°F.
- 7 Oven roast salmon for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked to desired doneness.
- 8 To serve, top each fillet with grapefruit salsa.